2/12/2005

Quark Xpress 6 and corrupt font error message when printing

When I am printing from Quark Xpress 6, no matter what printer or ppd is used, Quark reports that "The font Helvetica may be corrupt and may be substituted with Courier [108]" . Quark Xpress 6 will also make the same warning for any other Helvetica font being used. After OK, PDF-X-Robot automation has been interrupted. Also, I can't batch process documents all night unattended like i had been because the damn message requires an operator OK.

I have had this Quark Xpress 6 font error with other fonts, they are never substituted, they will always print correctly if I just OK, and they all work without a hitch in InDesign, Quark Xpress 5. They also print fine without a font error message in Mac OS 9 and Quark 5 using same suitcase, documents and font library?? I am running PDF-X-Robot 081004, OSX 10.3.6, Mac 2Ghz dual G5. Using Quark 6.1, Suitcase X1 and InDesign CS 3.0.1. Will Quark Xpress 6.5 address this damn problem?

Quark Xpress 6.1 reports this font error warning for fonts sometimes even when the fonts do not exist in the document, including eps and tiff files. This Quark Xpress font error warning began happening as soon as I installed the 6.1 update to Quark and I've had problems ever since. I have to figure out how to make it stop. Can you please make this a priority request/feature for the next update of PDF-X-Robot_XT?
Click Post Title Above For More Info. . .

No comments: